Rana was a mob who resembled a little girl with a frog hat. She was originally in-game as a test in Indev. Rana was created by "Dock" for a project of his own years ago. When he joined the Minecraft development team, he recreated her in a new style for the game, along with similar-styled NPCs called Steve, Black Steve and Beast Boy. All four of them were pulled from Minecraft at the same time when Dock left the project.On Dock's personal site, DeadPanda, several pictures of Rana can still be found along with other artwork of his.
- Rana means "frog" in Latin, Spanish, and Italian.
- Rana was the first to use human pain sounds when taking damage.
- Although she is female, the pain sound is a male.
- Rana, like the other mobs created by Dock, moved without any animation.
- Rana bears a striking resemblance to Jenny Sanderson from the Gamecube game Chibi Robo.
- Rana used to be the player model in Minecraft indev 0.31
- She may be replaced by Politoad in Minecraft: Pokémon, However, this is just a rumor.