A Villager, also known by many players as a Testificate, is a passive NPC (Non-Player Character) that spawns and moves about in NPC Villages. Their characteristic look is dominated by their large, bald heads, green eyes, uni-brows, and long, protruding noses. They spawn around the villages and inside the buildings. They spawn at their respective buildings corresponding to the role they have.
- Although Villager NPCs are currently as simple as other passive mobs, they appear to have very basic intelligent coding already implemented. Before, If the player opens the door to their home and leave it open, they will likely soon move out the doorway. However, once outside, they may wander out into the wilderness. As of 1.2 update, they now automaticly go inside at night.
- In Beta 1.9 Pre-release's files, there is a texture for average Villagers, which wear green robes. However, this spot seems to be filled by the Farmer type instead, with no Villager types spawning at all.
- Different colors indicate different types of Villagers. Green indicates a regular Villager, pink indicates a priest, white indicates a librarian, and brown indicates a farmer, smith and butcher.
- Villagers with a white sheet (apron) over its belly is a girl.
- Sometimes, people like to refer to Villagers as "Squidward", due to the fact that they have similar noses to Squidward from Spongebob Squarepants.
- When you stare at a villager,and the villager sees you, it will nod.
- There is a new unknown type of villager that seems to be a villager doubled in size.It has red eyes, longer arms,white robes, and much, much larger than an average villager. It is also the only villager with hair.